Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Link Up!! SAHM to my crazy little tot!! :)

Today I am linking up with Becky (From Mrs. to Mama) - how does she do it all?!

 
I am an upper 20 something mama and I am so blessed to have an amazing husband that works his butt off so I can stay home with our daughter.
 
Our beautiful  daughter is now 17 months old, as of today at 9:57PM.
 
My story isn't to great - I started blogging a couple of years ago or um maybe 3?  The years run together it seems.  That was PRE baby and I honestly ran out of stuff to write about.
 
I would ask myself, is anyone reading this?  Am I wasting my time? Does this post really mean anything?
 
UNTIL the day I found out I was pregnant.  I always wants to be a mom, I was jealous of people who had kids, I envied their relationship with their kids.
 
I wanted to document everything, every little detail, every kick and movement.
 
THEN a funny thing happened, I realized pregnancy is not all rainbows and butterflies and woman who say that feel AMAZING and FANTASTIC have lied to your face.
 
My pregnancy was not too bad but I have to say if I felt like I needed a nap - I DID! So then again my blogging stopped.  After I had my daughter I wanted to capture every smile, burp, first, laugh and I am STILL kicking myself for not documenting as much I wanted to.
 
I worked full time until she turned one.  SO that meant driving 20 mins to daycare - 20 mins to work - 20 mins back to daycare - run errands - then home, eat, clean, bath, play, sing, rock and bed.
 
OH and she didn't sleep through the night until she was ONE, Ahem. 
I pretty much walked around as a zombie for a year.
 
Then, in November 2011 my husband was diagnosed with Thyroid Cancer, had surgery and radiation.  When my husband called to tell me he had cancer all I could do was cry.  I was so scared of losing him.  He is my #1, my rock, my everything.  He is back to 100% now but for a couple of months my goal was to take care of him and a baby girl.
 
So now that I am home with her I write monthly updates about my little lady and a post here and there.  I want to write more and I am hoping to connect with some great ladies through Becky! :) 
 
So basically, I am a SAHM that adores my daughter and loves to craft with her and teach her new things each day.  I love to cook, read and I am addicted to TV - pretty much reality TV (no shame)  I am always looking for new crafts and learning activities for her (via pinterst mostly).  Welcome to my world! :)
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your story! I saw active toddler in your description and thought Ahhh she understands haha I have a active now 2 yO and now a active moving 7 month old!! So glad you husband is ok now! I can't imagine my husband is my everything too as cliche as that sounds! Glad I found ya!!

    www.taranbrandon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found you thru link-up, I also have a VERY active 17(soon to be 18)mo old!

    So glad to hear all is well w your husband!

    Look fwd to reading more about your family!

    ReplyDelete