Friday, January 11, 2013

17 Months!!

Sweet Leighton -

You turned 17 months on the 27th and we moved 3 hours from our home in Murfreesboro to Maryville on the 30th (of November) so it was a very hectic time and I still have a lot to do at our new home.

I need to write a moving post because it was very emotional for me and I want to remember our first home.  We brought you home there and the last night when I rocked you and read you your normal bed time stories I cried the whole time.

Back to your monthly post :)  I meant to put in your 15 month post that I FINALLY started putting a blanket in your crib and I think for the first 2 weeks I only checked on your 4500 times.  Ever since you were a baby you had nothing in the crib with you.  Just a sheet on the mattress and you.  I would layer up your PJs and socks to keep you warm. 

At 17 months your chatty self has become even more chatty - did not think that was possible!! I actually understand a lot more of it now, I think we are almost at the turning point where we will have conversations.  It didn't make me feel good tonight though when you were whining and I said "Leighton, please tell Mama what you need/want" you said (with a pouty lip) "Daddy".  I guess you are tired of me, ha!  I know you miss him, he works crazy long hours.

You had your first PB & J - you liked it for about 5 minutes then you were done.  But girlfriend, your mama LOVES peanut butter so just get use to it!

You have started whistling because you hear me whistle at Bella to come back inside.  You walk around with her toy whistling for her - it is ADORABLE!

You still been sick with the snotty noise, cough, sneeze and so I took you to the MD AGAIN and by the way in our new town, so new doctor and I LOVE him - he said you should have been on antibiotics a month ago!  And now, you are feeling a lot better - YAY!!!!

You have two molars on top and one on bottom - so this means VERY super clingy in the afternoons - I have learned to wash dishes with one hand, clean, walk dogs all with ONE hand.  Not to mention you weigh 27 lbs 11 oz. 

You color all the time and you are still obsessed with stickers - cannot get enough of them.  Which this mama loves because they are cheap and they keep you entertained for a while!

You got your first big booboo!!  You are starting to understand that things can hurt you so sometimes you do approach them with caution.  But at our new home at the back door you stepped on exposed piece of metal and it sliced your big toe -  I freaked  - and you stayed calm.  BUT me trying to doctor it? haha yeah I got kicked in the face, a lot.

Since we found out we were moving and since we have moved  I haven't gotten you out and about much so I am your playmate - 24/7 so we are having a sharing issue lately - you even yell MINE!!!  Aren't you just a doll?!  SO I am working on that.  Plus I joined 2 Mommy & Me groups so I hoping that helps!

Currently, you wear a size 6 shoe and 24 months to 2t clothing.  You look more like a 2 year old - glad your language is more like a 2 year old.

This is going to be your first Christmas that you understand tearing open the presents and I can't wait because Santa is bringing you some pretty great things!!  Two days after Christmas you will be 18 months old and I still can't believe we are half way to 2 years.  You seriously need to have a conversation with your daddy about a sibling! ;)




1 comment:

  1. Hey Precious.. This is Pa Pa.. I just want to tell you that I love you and miss you. Your Mommy is a very special. She has taken this technology and using it to be very special to you one day. I find it quite admirable of her to post these words of your life on a format that can be read and cherished forever. I love you both so much. Pa Pa

    ReplyDelete