Wednesday, June 15, 2011

2nd Trimester, a wonderful wonderful time!

My 2nd trimester started a little rocky....I thought the "morning sickness" was going to stay with me for the rest of the pregnancy.  Lucky around the 18th week it decided to give me a break and let me eat!  AND I ate and ate!! I gained most of my weight during this time.  I started craving sweets around this time, which I already had a thing for sweets to begin with but it just got worse, like 10x worse.  I felt amazing during this trimester, I felt better, I had WAY more energy, I actually got to clean our house this trimester.  I didn't feel as big as a house and I could bend over without grunting out loud, it was amazing.  I loved my growing baby bump and I loved maternity clothes (yes, they are comfortable)!!  First movement that I felt was at 15 weeks, I laid down to go to sleep and I thought I felt something weird so I sat really still and it didn't stop!! I felt rolling and little jabs, I LOVED IT, I cried actually because that is just how I am.  At this point I only felt it at night, I would look forward to laying down at night so I could feel our sweet wiggling around!!  We also had our diagnostic ultrasound this trimester at 19 weeks, the baby weighed 10.5 ounces at that time.  The baby was moving so much that day including climbing up my uterine wall and falling back down and flipping over and over all in all it took about a full hour for the tech to get everything she needed.  We also found out that our sweet baby is a GIRL!!! I had a feeling pretty much the whole time that "it" was a girl so it didn't really surprise me.  Her daddy on the other hand kind of walked around in shock for about 2 hours.  We went shopping that day and he kept wondering over to the boy clothes....bless his heart.  However now he is so excited about his little girl, he talks all the time about taking her fishing and golfing and everything he wants to take her to.  I think after she comes out I may not get to hold her, he might never put her down!!  Overall the 2nd trimester was my best and I felt amazing!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment