Monday, June 13, 2011

Thinking back.....1st Trimester!!

I wanted to do a recap of my pregnancy to help me remember the little worries, joys, and firsts of firsts because I know when she is here I might forget it all.  We found out we were pregnant pretty early, about 4-5 weeks, our baby didn't even have a heartbeat yet but I was in love with our little "bean" (that's what I called her).  Around week 6 I thought I would be one of the lucky ones that didn't get sick and would sail through pregnancy with no problems.  WELL boy was I wrong!! It all started one morning, Mikey went fishing or something, I got up made myself a nice cup of decaf coffee, thought it tasted a little funny, started feeling a little nauseated and it didn't go away until my 18th week of pregnancy!!  I was so exhausted and stayed away from caffeine and a simple walmart trip made me so tired I would need a 2 hour nap!  I also lost around 12 pounds which now I am grateful for actually.  The smell of ground beef cooking still makes me feel a little sick.  So basically all of my first trimester and some of the second consisted of me sleeping and trying to keep food down.  We got to hear the heartbeat at 7 weeks pregnant, no words can express how that makes you feel when you hear that soft little thump.  That is when they gave me the exact due date of July 2nd.   Looking back, I wish I would not have worried so much, I still do though.  Pregnancy is a hard thing, you are the only one responsible for your little one and I just wanted to keep her safe.  I have stayed away from everything I am suppose to, not too much fish, completely no deli meats (and I LOVE ham sandwiches), haven't lifted anything over 15 pounds, and so on and so on.  My first trimester ended on Christmas Day, it was a wonderful present to make it to the 2nd trimester, to get to carry this little blessing has been unbelievable! 

No comments:

Post a Comment