Saturday, June 25, 2011

3rd Trimester!

Well, I can honestly say that my third trimester has been rough!  After having a great 2nd trimester I did not invision this trimester going this way!  However, our baby is healthy and growing (AND GROWING) and that is the most important thing.  She is been my main priority for 9 months and I know it isn't going to stop with delivery day.  It started out pretty good, not so bad, my belly started growing more and more and more uncomfortable, I do not see how I don't have stretch marks from one side to the other!  My skin seems like it can't stretch anymore!  I first had to take the glucose tolerence test at 27 weeks which taste like orange soda with no fizz and 100x the sugar!  It also gave me heartburn! Well a week after I took that my MD office called, something happened with the lab and I had to take it AGAIN.  Then they almost made me take again, long story.  BUT I passed it with flying colors!  Around 30 weeks pregnant I found out I am anemic and had to start taking iron 2 times day, which this explained why I was soooo tired!! I thought I was just a big wimp!At 32 weeks pregnant I was at work one morning, started cramping and I honestly thought I was going into preterm labor, by 10 that morning I was in so much pain I could barely breathe.  I am on my way to the MD, Mike is going 100 MPH from Nashville to meet me and as soon as I am leaving work all of that pain moved to my back and I knew then that it was kidney stones! Imagine having kidney stones at 8 months pregnant.  It was H O R R I B L E!!  As soon as my Mikey walked into the room at the doctors office the pain stopped, the stones stopped moving. This all happened on Wednesday and on Friday morning around 3:00 AM they decided to start moving again.  I tried walking out the pain, for 3 hours!!)  I didn't want to wake up the on call doctor and I didn't want to wake up Mike so I drank lots of water and walked my whole house, about 200 times.  Finally around 6 I couldn't take it anymore, I called the doctor and they admitted me into the hospital to get me pain meds and fluids.  We were in the hopsital Friday and Saturday, finally by Friday night the pain had stopped and I had only passed pieces of the of stone.  On Saturday was my baby shower that my sister planned and I did not think I was going to be discharged from the hospital, but FINALLY around 11 we got to leave run home get ready and have my baby shower!! AND 9 days later....the granddaddy of all kidney stones finally decided to pass.  I haven't had any problems since then (crossing fingers)!  I also developed this heartburn acid reflux thing that is so uncomfortable, all I can say is Zantac became my new BEST FRIEND! I had it all day, every day, and all night.  Ever since she dropped which was around 34 weeks it has gotten a lot better!! Around 34/35 weeks I started developing high blood pressure, it is pregnancy induced hypertension.  I am not doing anything wrong, it happens a lot to first time moms.  I am also having protein in my urine, goes hand in hand with the hypertension.  They have been watching at each appointment and at each appointment my BP kept going up.  SO last Thursday, June 23rd, at my appointment, my BP was really high again and the doctor got a serious look on her face and basically said I needed to be induced and until then I was put on bed rest.  I was excited but also very overwhelmed and worried about our baby girl, I just want her to be safe and I just feel like I am doing everything wrong.  Dr. McGowan picked my inducement date which is.....my birthday!  I will be 39 weeks 2 days pregnant.  I joked this whole 9 months that she was going to come on my bday and I wanted us to have different birthdays but it doesn't matter to me anymore, it will be special, best birthday present a girl could ask for and as long as she is safe and in our arms, who could ask for more!  We will be meeting our daughter in 2 days....still hasn't sunk in, poor Mike has a list of to-dos from me but we are very excited and nervous!  We will be keeping everyone posted, please keep all 3 of us in your prayers!! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment