Friday, July 27, 2012

Finding a Church Home

I have lived in TN now for 7 years.....SEVEN!!  I love living in TN, my favorite part is that it is SO close to the mountains.  I love watching my hubby being in his element, he is such a mountain man (a cute one at that).  I just love the atmosphere, the views, not so much the cabins with mice but that is another story for another time.

Back to what my post was about.....so I have lived her for 7 years and tried a couple of different churches.  If you know me then you know that I have a hard to committing to things (my marriage is 100% no worries, hubby) but I just like my OWN agenda, do things when I want to, at my own time, take my time getting ready, do laundry when I feel like it.  Sunday mornings are my lazy time with my family and committing to get up that early after working all week I just couldn't commit, selfish, right?

I grew up going to church, that's how my mama raised me.  I feel like a part of me is missing, I wanted to start going when Leighton was little but I had a fear she would cry or get hungry, 3-4 months later I kept giving excuses.  Mike would say "I want to start going back this Sunday" and I would agree...Sunday came around and there was my anxiety again and I would chicken out.  Church nursery was WAY out of the question.....I don't know these people and I am going to trust them with my child...HA yeah rightSo now, she is one year old and getting the urge to go but yet HELLO anxiety and this mama gets herself so worked up. 

I am making it a goal to start looking for a church home soon, but what do I do about the nursery?!  I am sure she will be fine she does great with other kids but I know my attention will be on her!!  On top of my commitment issue by the way....I have anxiety - another day another post! :) 

3 comments:

  1. Choose a church you might like and go to the nursery and stay for your first visit .:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Steve. Another option would be to just keep her with you and sit in the back until you find "the" church for you. When you find the one you feel God's calling you to, you can start looking into the whole nursery thing. That way you'll have had some time to meet some people, feel comfortable in the church, & begin to develop a trust with the nursery workers before you actually leave her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I didn't think about sitting with her, I figured they wouldn't let me! (Even though she is my child)

      Delete