Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Leighton is ONE!!!

First, I want to say Happy FIRST Birthday to my sweet, amazing, funny, strong willed, BEAUTIFUL daughter!!!  I can't believe it has been a year since you came into our little world of just us two and made us a family of three.  It took 9 months of waiting and 17 hours of labor and csection but you were finally here!  And now?  I have toddler....well almost.   On your ONE year birthday, you had a party at your day care and we also had a ladybug theme party for you the weekend before.  The day of your birthday, mama sang HAPPY BIRTHDAY at least 35 times, maybe more.  Daddy went off to work and I cooked you one of your favorites, pancakes with a side of banana.  We met Daddy at work for lunch and then we took you to build-a-bear!!  You and I also rode on the merry-go-round, which you didn't like so much towards the end, you kind of freaked.  We got you a cupcake at GiGi's (which you had after dinner) and by the end of the day you were exhausted and you went to sleep pretty early.  It was a low key birthday but your party the weekend before was kind of a big deal! :)

At 12 months old you are crawling everywhere at like 90 miles an hour.  Sometimes you get to going too fast and your hands slip and then your legs going flying up, it is pretty hilarious.

You are seriously the smartest kid ever (I know, I know every parent says that)!  You talk ALL the time.  You say so many words...Mommy, Daddy, puppy, dawg, ball, plane, bird, GO NOW (you scream it), dush aka juice, Bella/Ella, Bubba aka Moe, shoe, book, ELMO, and we are working on bellybutton.

You can tell me where your/my bellybutton is, you point to the birds/plane in the sky if asked, you can tell me where you nose is, you tell me when you are hungry by saying "dush", you can tell us the first letter of the alphabet "A"!!!, you dance ALL the time to any song and sometimes you sing along.  Your favorite song is Jesus Loves Me.  You are sooo strong willed and can be pretty demanding sometimes and I have a feeling you won't be taking crap from anyone with that strong personality! 

Now, we just gotta get you walking, because this whole pulling up on everything and falling and your mama about to have a heart attack is time is gettin old little one!!

1 comment: