Thursday, October 11, 2012

15 Months!!!

Leighton Taylor, you are now 15 months old.  Each month goes by way too fast.  I think I say that every month but really you are turning into this tiny little adult.  15 months going on 5 years old and has the sass to prove it! :)

I can really tell now that you are a true toddler, I think at 13 and 14 months I was still holding onto "my baby" and not wanting to you grow up so fast.  Now if I ask you to sit down and put your shoes on, you do it.  If I say "Come this way with Mama" you do it.  You follow direction VERY well, especially when Mama repeats "TOOSHY DOWN!!" 

We really have to watch what we say around you.  I have a bad habit of saying the word crap.  I know, such a bad word but you have repeated it.  I say "I know, I know" a lot and now?  I ask you to to do something you say "I know, I know" like as in get out of my face mom you are annoying me.

On your 15th month you were in Alabama visiting family, we took our first LONG road trip together, 6 hours and you were a complete angel, 4 stops on the way there due to diaper duty!  BUT GIRLFRIEND you do not travel well.  BUT then again you stayed at your GG's then CC's then back to GG's so it was a lot on you but I was also wore out by the time we left.

You are such a mama's girl right now.  This month in particular you have become super mama clingy. I am not complaining really, I secretly enjoy it (is that so bad?). You would just go to anyone at anytime but not anymore you are VERY aware of your surrounds and who people are now. Including the donkey at the pumpkin patch, which scared you and you screamed NOOOOO and everyone looked. HOWEVER, it is getting pretty bad to the point where I can't leave the room so I might need to look into some mom's day out groups of something.

You still talk all day long.  You are starting to put words together with phrases.  You still sign for "more" but thats about all I get for the sign language these days.  You started asking "pease" and "biiitteee" for anything I am eating.  You walk up to the door (AND turn the knob) and say "owwssiiiieee" which means you want to go outside.  You have been sick with RSV and had 3 MD visits in ONE WEEK but I had 2 doctors say you have the vocab of a 2 year old!! PROUD MAMA MOMENT!! We work on flash cards daily and you tell me that A is for APPLE and B is for Ball.  We are working on C for "kiiiikiiiii" as you say for kitty.  And you make all the animal noises if asked (dog, cat, duck, cow, sheep, fish, bird) it is SOO cute!!

You are a PICKY little eater lately. You started hating things you liked 3 days ago so meal time is a constant struggle for me. You would live on grilled cheese if I let you. Gerber has been a life saver though, which I don't understand because some of that stuff smells like dog food but you will eat that?! My cooking is seriously not that bad kid.

Elmo is still #1 in our house, Minnie Mouse is starting to compete. Caillou was in the running but Mama cut that show out of your hour of TV a day because that kid is soooo whiney.  I couldn't handle him anymore and I really didn't want you to be that kid.  So now it is Seaseme St DVDs or the show, Mickey Mouse during breakfast, and Doc McStuffins sometimes. 

You are such a joy to be around everyday, you make me SOOO happy!! I am so blessed to be your mama and be able to spend each minute with you. I thought staying home with you would want to make me get away or leave you with a babysitter but it has done the opposite, I still want to spend every second with you. You are just an amazing little person!! Just like in the book we read everyday "not every day is sunshine, but everyday is fun because I love you little one" :)

 
 
Elmo Backpack Auntie CC bought you and you still LOVE it!
 
 
 
 
See?  Picky eater - put all the strawberry gummies away from your granola bar.
 
Oh you know, just relaxing eating my snack.
 
 
Loving this weather b/c it means you get to wear adorable PJS like this!!
 
Putting on your shoes!


2 comments:

  1. Hey sweetie.. I just noticed a place for comments on your blog. DUHHHH !!! Well I'm quite impressed and you are doing a great job on the blog and as a Mommy. This will be something (as long as the internet is in existence) that you can look back and cherish for years to come. Also Leighton will really appreciate it as she gets older.I'm so proud of you. You are a wonderful daughter and mommy and we look forward to seeing ya'll real soon.
    love Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daddy!! I wanted to do this, I am not so good at the baby book AND you can have your blog turned into a book! :)

      Delete